.............................
F O R T I S S I M O

Flagship blog of the Fortissimo Blog Group





ABOUT ME

Name:
Wong Renhao

Date of Birth:
28 August 1988

Occupation:
~Full time student
-St. Hilda's Primary
-Victoria School
-UB-SIM Ba. Comm.
~Part time software technician (Ba. ITech)
~Tenor-in-training, though it most probably won't work out
~CMI Grade 2 piano player
~Opera(Cri)tic
~Metalhead
~Learning guitar

Friendster Public Profile

I'm in Ravenclaw!
be sorted @ nimbo.net


Email me!
Get your email icon here



BRANCH BLOGS

[)1$(µ$$ 7#3 |\|37
Mezzo-Sforzato
Revelation of Grace
Journal of Influence



FELLOW BLOGGERS

Bertrand
Chong Yi
CiPing & Wilbur
Denys & John
Farand
Felicia
Isabel
Jason Aw
Jerrold
Jon(athan) Sam(raj)
Jose
Kaiyan
Lyrical Revelry
HRH Mano and her Blisters
Mason
Miyagi-san
Samuel
Shu Yun
Wilfred
Xialanxue
Xuanwei
YH
(Ying) Zhi



ARCHIVES

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007



SPRECHE

Note: I will post using the name Renhao. Any other variation of my name or moi is not me.



VIDEO ARCHIVES

Happy Helium New Year
Dumb norwegian blond
the flying lawnmower
Piece of Mind - Vancouver Film School (VFS)
Punishment in a haunted house -gaki no tsukai-
The Last Knit
chlorine and alcohol
The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno -- Phony Photo Booth
Imperial Orchestra
Male Restroom Etiquette
Crazy Frog vs. Call On Me
Der Fuehrer's Face
School Rumble Clip
The Mind Of Mencia
Kotaro Oshio - Super Mario
Best card trick in the world
Whose Line Is It Anyway 26
Kotaro Oshio - Fight!!
Best of Peter
KOHTARO OSHIO - MERRY CHRISTMAS MR.LAWRENCE(LIVE)
Another Funny Japanese Prank Show
Silent Library 3
Japanese Toilet Prank
Japanese Mission Impossible: Ski Resort spa prank
Family Guy Wheel of Fortune
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
Miss Swan at a gay bar
Miss Swan (900)HOT-SWAN
Another David Copperfield
[Bakafish] Hard Gay Ramen English Subtitles
[Bakafish] Hard Gay Father's Day English Subtitles
Crazy Asian Mother by Erick Liang
English Conversation.
Teletubbies Uncensored
South Park Blame Canada
Jay Leno's Photobooth Prank 2
Jay Leno's Photobooth Prank 1
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender
Tatiana and Maxim Ice Skating
MJ's Choco Factory
snooker
Japanese Girls Freak Out
Funny Wake Ups
Boy Gets Scared
No More Wanking
Boooo
Jesus Dancing Weird
Little Diva




Excited Pokemon Kid from Youtube.com


SIM Orientation and Madama Butterfly
Saturday, May 07, 2005


Orientation in the morning... Same as yours, we were distrubuted into groups (albeit randomly) and played Wacko as our icebreaker. I faired quite well. But around 2/3 of the time was talks, endless talks about plagiarism (very very serious offence in America). Let's put it this way. Here in Asia, while we treat plagiarism as an offence, we look upon sex in broad daylight as downright crude and absolutely disgusting. Over there they don't seem to mind open sex as much as plagiarism.
Also about the importance of our GPA (grade point average - their MSG) and CGPA (cumilative GPA) and some study tips for this new form of education. Quite like Mr. Wong's take on Chemistry - you see the big picture, the big jigsaw fitting together instead of studying each piece and wondering where the hell to fit it to, or which part of the picture it might be in. Then the usual series of games, points and prizes. We got Toblerone for being fourth last. Still better than first prize ($40 Swensens voucher - each OG has approx. 10 people).

After that met Chuan En at Bugis to eat teppanyaki. That idiotic scholar told the chef, 'He wants a little chili, gimme alot.' And I think that guy was in a bloody bad mood, he gave me reasonably little, and dumped like four heap teaspoons of cut chili padi on Chuan En's portion, which made Chuan En pour. Later Chuan En whispered, 'I think he doesn't like my face.' I looked at him and whispered, 'I know, absolutely.'

Later when we got to the Esplanade I dropped my bag at the cloak room, and the went to the movie memorabilia shop and while I was browsing my magnets (got Harry Potter 2 & 3 poster magnets and a series of the four house crests and the Hogwarts crest - this set would be valuable in time to come, more than the rest anyway), Chuan En was freaking out at all the cute stuff there. I gave the guy a look which sort of said, 'Another regular...'. Poor thing just shrugged. After that we stopped at this tea shop, and the woman invited us to tea. It was only a standard sample cup size, but it was super strong and calmed us for the performance later. But not before Chuan En gave a little show of a gay freak. 'Ooh!' he squealed, flinging his arms up, 'this tea is soooo exquisite.' I was in one corner covering my eyes and shaking my head in utter embarrassment. And I have to drag that idiot off twenty minutes to showtime dammit! I broke into a run when I heard the bell, a sort of last call before gates close, and yelling at him and his gay freak show. And then he repeated it at third circle at the theatre.

'Where?! Oh where shall we go? Where do we enter? We shall be late!!!'
'Okay, relax, my colleague will show you there.'

We went in in time, plenty to spare, but not before I got the programme book at $4. Cheap people.

Inside I started hissing again about his freak show. 'Oh sorry, I just had to let off some steam. Stress, you know.' Whatever.

So fifteen minutes into the show, a stream of people suddenly flooded in in the dark. The two blondes above us, apparently pedantic opera-goers, hissed 'Stupid!' as a woman squeezed past them a second time. But they helped shush this idiot by our side. Stupid old man. In the first act, he was apparently unwrapping a sweet and attempting to stuff the thing into his mouth quietly a la Mr. Bean, which of course made it even noisier. And in the second act, during the big aria (the famous song from the opera) that egghead was actually explaining it to wife in Cantonese. 'Listen to that, beautiful, isn't it?' and he started humming along and waving his hands. I was tempted to inform him that there was only space for one conductor as far as the evening was concerned, but an usher flicked on her flashlight in his face and whispered something which obviously meant shut up, and he did that, but started humming more softly after awhile. Meanwhile I was more experienced and bent right next to Chuan En's ear to whisper softly, 'Cio-Cio-San, centre', 'love duet', 'big aria'. He was not too good though, insisting on not listening to anything and 'having a fresh experience that night'. In the end he was asking questions for the first twenty minutes, until I said I'd explain at intermission.

I guess I'll spare the singers' analysis. It was money well spent, that's all I'll say.


orchestrated by Renhao at 8:42:00 pm
© 2004-2007. All rights reserved. You have been warned.