.............................
F O R T I S S I M O

Flagship blog of the Fortissimo Blog Group





ABOUT ME

Name:
Wong Renhao

Date of Birth:
28 August 1988

Occupation:
~Full time student
-St. Hilda's Primary
-Victoria School
-UB-SIM Ba. Comm.
~Part time software technician (Ba. ITech)
~Tenor-in-training, though it most probably won't work out
~CMI Grade 2 piano player
~Opera(Cri)tic
~Metalhead
~Learning guitar

Friendster Public Profile

I'm in Ravenclaw!
be sorted @ nimbo.net


Email me!
Get your email icon here



BRANCH BLOGS

[)1$(µ$$ 7#3 |\|37
Mezzo-Sforzato
Revelation of Grace
Journal of Influence



FELLOW BLOGGERS

Bertrand
Chong Yi
CiPing & Wilbur
Denys & John
Farand
Felicia
Isabel
Jason Aw
Jerrold
Jon(athan) Sam(raj)
Jose
Kaiyan
Lyrical Revelry
HRH Mano and her Blisters
Mason
Miyagi-san
Samuel
Shu Yun
Wilfred
Xialanxue
Xuanwei
YH
(Ying) Zhi



ARCHIVES

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007



SPRECHE

Note: I will post using the name Renhao. Any other variation of my name or moi is not me.



VIDEO ARCHIVES

Happy Helium New Year
Dumb norwegian blond
the flying lawnmower
Piece of Mind - Vancouver Film School (VFS)
Punishment in a haunted house -gaki no tsukai-
The Last Knit
chlorine and alcohol
The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno -- Phony Photo Booth
Imperial Orchestra
Male Restroom Etiquette
Crazy Frog vs. Call On Me
Der Fuehrer's Face
School Rumble Clip
The Mind Of Mencia
Kotaro Oshio - Super Mario
Best card trick in the world
Whose Line Is It Anyway 26
Kotaro Oshio - Fight!!
Best of Peter
KOHTARO OSHIO - MERRY CHRISTMAS MR.LAWRENCE(LIVE)
Another Funny Japanese Prank Show
Silent Library 3
Japanese Toilet Prank
Japanese Mission Impossible: Ski Resort spa prank
Family Guy Wheel of Fortune
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
Miss Swan at a gay bar
Miss Swan (900)HOT-SWAN
Another David Copperfield
[Bakafish] Hard Gay Ramen English Subtitles
[Bakafish] Hard Gay Father's Day English Subtitles
Crazy Asian Mother by Erick Liang
English Conversation.
Teletubbies Uncensored
South Park Blame Canada
Jay Leno's Photobooth Prank 2
Jay Leno's Photobooth Prank 1
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender
Tatiana and Maxim Ice Skating
MJ's Choco Factory
snooker
Japanese Girls Freak Out
Funny Wake Ups
Boy Gets Scared
No More Wanking
Boooo
Jesus Dancing Weird
Little Diva




Excited Pokemon Kid from Youtube.com


EMD
Friday, September 02, 2005


Watched Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned in one sitting today. They were both good movies. Interview is more classy and more musing, Queen appeals to the bad and evil person in each of us, although admittedly I have really little of it. And I don't want it to come out if I can help it too.

Reason being I wanted to return my four borrowed DVDs before proceeding to Victoria School for the Evening of Music and Drama concert.

But then Ian and I arranged to meet for dinner before going, so I packed and met him at the library. Soon as he was within hearing range he started bitching about Shakespeare sonnets and how it apparently escapes his comprehension.

Yes well, it escapes most of our comprehension. Not your fault.

Had dinner at Yoshinoya... Ian ordered a beef bowl, but apparently he did not ask for a value meal, and there was no miso soup to go.

Well can I have one then?
Um... ok...

Poor girl serving us was a trainee. He waved a $2 note at her, but she whispered something about 50 cents, so Ian dug into his coins and pulled out 1, 2, 3, 4 10-cent coins.

Err... err... [turn to me] 10 cents 10 cents...
[digging in my coin pocket] If I weren't your friend I would be staring very hard at you right now.

She turned to take a soup bowl and put it below what looked like a coffee machine. A button, and soup came flushing out.

'Ian', I said horrified. 'That is your miso soup...'

He nodded like it was normal for miso soup to come pouring out of a machine pipe.

My Tori Kaage (fried chicken) bowl was still being prepared, and I tasted my miso soup. It was good, but never in my life had I tasted MSG in such great quantity. I could feel my mouth drying the moment I swallowed the soup.

Terriyaki sauce made my meal horrendous. Sweet doesn't often agree with my mealtime palate.

We made it to VS in good time on 31. On the bus we were laughing about 4H... Jeremy Leck putting Farand's watch in his underwear and jumping about (very traumatising, I know), suaning Bryan Tan (Hmmm we need someone stupid...... Eh Bryan! C'mere!). Ah those were the days. Met Daniel Tat Chung Mason and Wenhao shortly after arrival... Then Farand and Jon Sam came... Both as if they had just come out of a top brass meeting. Met Ivan and Daryl Gan too, Jonathan Loh came down to say hi to me, sweet of him. Then Mrs Poon came. We all called to her, and she was all '*gasp* Oh hi!!!' But then a girl we couldn't see walked past and Mrs Poon got into conversation with her. After she had finished she turned around and said, 'Oh I haven't forgotten you boys now...' Haha spoke to her for awhile, and then we went up to find Bertrand and Zixiang there. We bade our gleeful goodbyes to the rest of the gang, for whom Mason only managed to secure balcony seats, and for which he was promptly blamed for. I was alone, it wasn't amusing man I felt Lonely.... I'm so lonely.....

Anyhoo...

First half of the performance went well, Nicholas and Martin's solos were most well received, naturally. Second half, CO screwed up, the Dazzle cast's performance level had not changed one bit since Tuesday. Mason had kindly offered me his seat, which were one of the five empty seats Mason Ian Daniel Wenhao and Jon Ma koped. Mason went up and took his place in the sound room in preparation for the King Arthur play, for which he was doing the sound. I specially glided back to my seat at the other end, going by the back, to watch the performance from a clearer point of view. The couple beside my seat wasn't amused when I promptly bounced up after the play ended. I knew because the guy didn't pull his legs in to make way for me. We enjoyed the piano performance after that, it was more well-received than expected actually, and King Arthur was ok, saved by the funny moments.

After the thank-you's and good-bye's Mr Siow's Jam Band, $34.50, played out the We Will Rock You cheer, some of the spontaniety was lost, but it worked for me. Except for some of us old-timers the music and drums had Victorians hooked by the lips. Man, it was just amazing to see the audience rise, one by one, when the Victorian Anthem was started. And the cheers after that... well let's just say it became senseless yelling after awhile. And after that the band played All the Small Things and we were all hooked and jumping like fishes being fried alive on a pan.

This, my friend, is the Victorian Spirit. Across generations, across cultures, across oceans and continents.

Across time. Nil Sine Labore. And there is no greater irony than a Victorian himself.


orchestrated by Renhao at 11:44:00 pm
© 2004-2007. All rights reserved. You have been warned.